August Point Wellness is proud to offer a natural alternative to Ben-Gay, Tiger Balm, Icy Hot, etc. Under our daughter brand Sciaticare, we introduce to you the Sciaticare Penetrating Muscle Rub.
The Sciaticare Penetrating Muscle Rub, or PMR as we like to call it, is a balm (or salve) based on traditional herbal medicine from ancient China. This externally applied balm helps to warm the local area, relieve pain, improve circulation, and speed healing. It can be used on muscle strains, tendon/ligament sprains, bruises, edema, arthritis, and other musculoskeletal aches and pains.
The PMR was originally created by Dylan Jawahir, L.Ac., L.M.T. to aid in the treatment of sciatic pain and piriformis syndrome in our clinic. After an acupuncture and tui na session, the PMR was applied to the treated area to speed healing, reduce pain, and assist in shorter recovery time. The Sciaticare PMR ingredients were selected based upon the traditional Chinese Dit Da Jow medicines that have been used for thousands of years by monks training in various kung fu styles. These kung fu practitioners needed to heal their injury quickly in order to continue training. As you can see, the Sciaticare Penetrating Muscle Rub has a broad application, treating much more than just sciatica.
At August Point Wellness, we also use the PMR with Tui Na deep tissue massage techniques. The PMR balm is easy to work with and the jojoba oil is easily absorbed into the skin. For deeper penetration, the PMR can be massaged into the skin and a heating pad or other warming device placed over the affected area.
You can purchase the Sciaticare Penetrating Muscle Rub directly from us at August Point Wellness, or online at:
To learn about the ingredients of our Sciaticare Penetrating Muscle Rub, below is a small guide:
- Natural Beeswax – (Cera Alba) skin protectant, moisture barrier, binding agent
- Jojoba Oil – (Simmondsia Chinenis) antibacterial, antioxidant, excellent absorption rate into skin
- Cajeput – (Melaleuca Leucadendra) antiseptic, antifungal, alleviates muscle and joint pain, arthritis
- Camphor or Zhang Nao – (Cinnamomum Camphora) invigorates blood and alleviates pain; for injuries from falls, fractures, contusions, sprains and swelling
- Cao Wu – (Radix Aconiti Kusnezoffii) alleviates pain and reduces swelling
- Chuan Wu – (Radix Aconiti) reduces swelling and alleviates joint pain, arthritis
- Dang Gui Wei – (Angelicae Sinensis Radix Cauda) invigorates blood, reduces swelling
- Fu Zi – (Aconiti Radix Lateralis Preparata) alleviates pain, invigorates blood
- Hong Hua – (Carthami Flos) invigorate blood, reduce swelling, alleviates pain
- Menthol – (Mentha) antibacterial, alleviates pain, antipruritic
- Mo Yao – (Commiphora Myrrha) promotes sore healing, reduce swelling, alleviates pain
- Mu Gua – (Chaenomelis Fructus) relaxes muscles and sinews
- Ru Xiang – (Olibanum) invigorate blood, reduce swelling and alleviates joint pain, arthritis
- San Leng – (Sparganii Rhizoma) alleviates pain
- San Qi – (Notoginseng Radix) stops bleeding, reduce swelling and alleviates pain
- Su Mu – (Sappan Lignum) stops bleeding; for injuries from falls, fractures, contusions, sprains and swelling
- Yan Hu Suo – (Corydalis Rhizoma) invigorates blood, alleviates pain
NOTE: The Sciaticare Penetrating Muscle Rub is contraindicated for use during pregnancy.